Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Performance of Performances

My most recent film project encapsulates the idea of the performative video, in which the performance of an individual is the focal point, usually in a repetitive and minimal manner. My idea had already wrapped around the basis of paying homage to the silent clowns of yesteryear, particularly Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin. Certain scenarios ran through my head as to the way I might pay my respects to these men who have largely influenced me and my decision to become a filmmaker. My concise idea for the project stemmed from one of the finest silent films I have ever seen. It is an early short of Buster Keaton called 'Playhouse'. The act of the performance is key here, along with the fantastic trick photography. I'll let you enjoy this amazing film that combines comedy and technicality like only Keaton could do:


No comments:

Post a Comment